2016/03/05

Day 361: Reservoir Dogs (March, 4)

FIVE


I had to wait until my niece Fla became able to see Reservoir Dogs with me to see this movie again. The first time I watched it didn't even counts, it was so weird - the surroundings weren't favorable to it. And despite my love for loneliness in a movie theater, I really think that a Tarantino's experience must be shared. Fla loves the crazy filmmaker as much as I do (if not more) and have been incredibly supportive of Omad (yes, she's an amazing friend and person :). So, when she asked me about the last days of this dare and if the could share some of them with me, I thought this would be a great opportunity to reach the first time Tarantino made a impact in the world with a movie (I'm not counting the said amateur My Best Friend's Birthday (1987), his directional debut on features. 


Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino on the brink of geniality, that would explode in full colors two years after with, you already know that, Pulp Fiction (1994). The whimsical dialogue about some pop culture element (in this case, Like a Virgin, by Madonna, that told Tarantino he was wrong in his theory about the dick fest), the crude takes on racism and sexism are there too, as the brilliant settings and refined dialogues that would show all its maturity in The Hateful Eight (and I'm still laughing about that door...).

Seeing it after almost 25 years of Tarantino's movies is an interesting experience. We are in the movie, involved by what is happening for sure. We are outside it frequently too, analysing what would be and what it is nowadays. A lot of talking, observations, laughs were a part of this screening (as usually happens in a Tarantino's film, that's why it is essential to share it).

Fla, darling girl, thanks for your support and will in being by my side during Omad. Last night was too much fun! I'm grateful that you were willing to see this movie again, just to share a fun time with me! Rock'n roll cinephile family is the best! <3

This first scene is sheer greatness.
Reservoir Dogs. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. Cast: Harvey Keitel, Tim
Roth, Michael Madsen. Writers: Quentin Tarantino, Roger Avery. USA, 1992,
99 min., Dolby Digital, Color (Eastmancolor) (DVD).



No comments:

Post a Comment