2015/03/20

Day eleven: Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie (March, 20)

After ten days with amazing, surprising, beautiful, contorversial movies, it is with an almost anticlimatic feeling that I write today's post.

I went to the movie's theater with my nephew and niece, and the only filme available for their age was The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water. The girl said it was too childish (she's an old lady at the age of 11); he enjoyed the idea to watch it again (he had already saw it with his parents). So Sponge Bob it was. 

I don't have much to say about it, actually. There wasn't too much in the movie beyond what was being showed in the screen, and it was pretty silly (and I'm a fan of silly stories). I laughed with my nephew, that was having a good time. We three engajed at a popcorn war at some time, when the movie got too boring. And the two kids spent the final credits dancing below the screen, a tradition for them. And we all left the theater with bellies full of junk food, heading to the arcade to have another good time together, with no lasting memory of what we just have seen. 

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water. Directed by Paul Tibbit. With: Tom Kenny, Antonio Banderas, Bill Fagerbakke. Writers: Glenn Berger and al. US, 2015, 92 min., SDDS/Datasat/Dolby Digital, Color (Cinema). 



PS: I wanted to see an opinion by a fan, since I'm not familiar with the characters and the TV series.. So I tried the reviews at imdb.com, as I use to do when I need more information about a movie. I found many opinions, at the message board, in case you are curious too.

PPS: Fragments: Need for Speed, 2014 (I'm not explaining myself, but I feel that it is important to say that I see anything with Aaron Paul); Reaching for the Moon, 2013; The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, 2008 - I didn't see any of these movies entirely. Actual fragments this time...


No comments:

Post a Comment