2015/04/12

Day thirty-three: Now You See Me (April, 11)

A good action movie is gold. 

When I catch myself glued to the screen, forgetting for times where I am, just getting along with the action in front of me, too excited to think about or to look to anything else, that's a thought that comes to my mind.  

And it was more true in a film that I've already seen some scenes, and even the end. Even knowing the big secret in Louis Leterrier movie couldn't spoil a bit the Saturday fun I had finally watching Now You See Me entirely. That proves how good this movie was - at least for me, of course.

I wish I had seen it in the theater - in that matter, I can take solace in the fact that there will be a second instalment. The cast is too good, Jesse Eisenberg is surely a good first scene, Mélanie Laurent called my attention since Inglorious Basterds, and Mark Ruffalo can assume the character he wants (that's the second movie with him this week, by the way) and we will be convinced. Not everyone think that way, though. 

At last, we can never disdain a movie that has a Phoenix's song in the soundtrack, even if it is during the final credits, that I followed happily after such a good story. And action scenes, lets not forget about them...

Eisenberg could be a comic book's character

Now You See Me. Directed by Louis Letterier. With: Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo,
Woody Harrelson, Isla Fischer, Dave Franco  
(that really looks like his brother), Mélanie
Laurent. Writers: Ed Solomon et al from the story by Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt.
France/US, 2013, 115 min., Dolby Digital/Datasat, Color (DVD).


PS: Fragments: The new Daredevil's Netflix TV show is pretty good. I've seen 3 episodes, and I only stopped there because I had a movie to watch... 

PPS: The first time I remember thinking how precious a good action movie is was during the screening of The Italian Job, 2003. I was lucky to be aloane at the theater, because my reactions to the scenes were a little bit intense, to say the least. Like shouting uhuuuuu out loud intense. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh yea this was a good one. I remember people going nuts about the ending, saying it sucked. I didn't care, it was entertaining. Mark Ruffalo was spot on, the fight scenes were amazing. The way magic tricks were a big part of the storyline and so well designed. I enjoyed it.
    An excelent action/sci-fi film I watched this year was Predestination http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535 Well, it's not as full of action as this one, but it's still very exciting and the plot will drive you all the way to Crazy Town and back! So good.

    [ j ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end is great, actually! I already looked for Predestinatiion, soon it will be here :) Thanks, Joe!

      Have you seen My life without me? I fell in love with Ruffalo at least five times during the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314412/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

      Delete
  2. "My life without me" is one of my favorite films ever. I wish I had written that one. I probably need another 10 years before I'm able to watch it again, to recover from crying my eyes out. Excruciatingly beautiful. I also loved "The secret life of words", I know you've watched it recently. It's very deep and emotional. Isabel sure is a great person.

    [j]

    ReplyDelete