2015/06/07

Day ninety: Sex Tape (June, 7)

One of the most most accurate and annoying sayings in the world says: Be careful of what you wish. 

Two days ago I've said, while posting the Day eighty-eight on facebook, that I wanted to watch a silly movie for a change, after a difficult week on cinema. 

This afternoon, after seeing the incredible Rolland Garros final game between Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka, I wasn't able to leave the couch. Lazy sunday, nothing else to do... and Sex Tape beginning on cable TV.

And so that was today's movie. Despite it being called comedy, I only laughed at one joke about virtual cloud. And was it. At first, I thought it wasn't so terrible as I had imagined, but 30 minutes into it, the things went from bad to much worse. 

I'm not picky, and not a movie snob at all. I like a lot of films considered bad. I've seen Wimbledon, 2003more times than I can count, and cried my eyes out in each of them. Ok, not convinced? To be clear, I'll say that: I love ice skating movies. Point made? However, I must admit that this kind of trashy comedy is not on my radar. Ordinary people in crazy situations pictured as extremely stupid is not for me. And the only way I was able to get through this movie, beyond a laziness the size of the universe, was the tricky rug I was crocheting while watching Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz in another unfortunate role.

That's exactly our faces during the movie...

Sec Tape. Dircted by Jake Kasdan. With: Jason Segel, Cameron
Diaz, Rob Lowe. Writers: Jason Segel et al. US,  2014, 94 min.,
Dolvy Digital/Datasat/SDDS, Color (Cable TV)

PS: Fragments: The Fault in Our Stars, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment