2016/02/13

Day 334: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (February, 6)

A movie adaptation of a comic that goes beyond the original and blows our minds with its amazing features? A dream come true here, my friends, and its name is Scott Pilgrim vs The World

The reason why I kept away from this film so long is that I love the comic - and I've read only the first book. All the characters are too good to be true, Scott specially. And Wallace. And Kim. And... Well, you got it. Everything in it is a delight. A welcome overdose of holly nerdiness. And the cast that gives life to those characters? Perfect, just perfect. 

That was what I realized throughout the movie: how careful this adaptation is in each important detail, and even in those aspects that we are not expecting to be there and make this movie a hell of a good one. But I didn't know that, so I was a bit cautious about this film at first. Mandy and Mel, my two nerd gurus, told me not to be scared at all. As usual, they couldn't have been more right.

What to say about people with not enough faith? Aka me? Because this movie is a mind blowing nerdy experience. My  niece Fla was watching it with me, and she couldn't hold her amazement. I wanted to rewind every scene soon after seeing it, what of course I didn't. But I'll watch it over and over again, as Mandy told me. It is the only the only way to get enough of this incredibly good movie, with surreal characters and great plot. 

The songs are still with me, specially Garbage Trunk, that had become a bit of an obsession. Truck, truck, truck. 


Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Directed by Edgar Wright. Cast: Michael Cera,
Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Kulkin. Writers: Michael Bacall, Edgar
Wright, from the graphic novels by Bryan Lee O'Malley. USA/UK/Canada/
Japan, 2010, 112 min., SDDS/Dolby Digital/DTS, Color (DVD).  



No comments:

Post a Comment