2015/12/02

Day 266: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (November 30 - again)

The kids haven't seen The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 yet, so I went with them on this Monday. The theater has moving chairs, and at any shot or action scene, it would move accordingly. It is not my favorite way to see a movie (it diverts my attention out from the story), but with the kids was fun. They love it, including my 2 year old nephew, that, without understanding any of it, enjoyed his popcorn and the sudden movements of the chair. He is such a calm baby, having a good time wherever he is.

I thought that maybe I would like it better this time, but my first impressions about this last movie on the franchising was still there with be, a bit worse with the repetition actually. The epilogue is truly awful. A friend asked me what is it with adapted epilogues, referring to the disastrous last scene of Harry Potter. I suspect that the intensity of those parts are not well transcribed on film. This way, the reader is once more disappointed to see a lousy adaptation of a story that he had enjoyed in books. 


The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2. Directed by Francis Lawrence. With:
Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworty, Josh Hutcherson. Writers: Peter
Craig, Danny Strong from the novel by Susanne Collins. USA/Germany, 2015,
137 min., Auro 11.1/Dolby Digital/Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround 7.1/Datasat/
DTS, Color (Cinema).

No comments:

Post a Comment