2015/12/16

Day 276: Burnt (December, 10)

Too much expectation can be a bummer, and its lack is surely a bless. I wasn't expecting have a good time with Burnt, but that was just what happened.

The fact that it is about haute cuisine and a chef's work is a big perk for me, and this film didn't fail to capture my attention at any moment. the biggest but, however, is how cliched Daniel Brühl's character is. I like him a lot, but his Tony is so poorly developed, it is pretty sad to see. It didn't compromised the movie for me, although it was embarrassing even.

Bradley Cooper is solid here, as Siena Miller and Matthew Rhys. Their dynamics is great together. Omar Sy in a more somber role is nice too.

There's a moment in the movie when Cooper's Adam is under a lot of pressure. He must make the perfect dish. His life depends on it. He pauses for a moment and says: we'll do as we do everyday - without hurrying, stress or getting crazy about a thing that he knows how to do. I liked this line a lot. It is something I try to apply to my life in every moment. Thom Yorke already have said: if you do the best you can, the best you can is good enough. Our best changes continuously, as we change our ways of going though life and struggles. It sounds cheesy, I know. But as we see in Burnt, it is a very necessary token on life.



Burnt. Directed by John Wells. With: Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller, Daniel
Brühl. Writers: Steven Knight from the story by Michael Kalesniko. USA,
2015, 101 min., Dolby Digital, Color (Cinema).

No comments:

Post a Comment